Since the introduction of compulsory superannuation, most of us have a nest-egg our employers contribute to for our future retirement. But how can you maximise your returns on superannuation contributions?
We can help you understand the different strategies available, depending on where you are in your working life.
If you’re approaching (preservation age) or your are older than 55 years of age, or have already passed this milestone, we can advise how you can potentially save tens of thousands of dollars in tax, with limited to no impact on your available cashflow.
Or, if you still have quite a few years before retirement, we can advise a number of strategies to increase and enhance your long term wealth.
We’ll help you through the complex maze of superannuation to create a strategy tailored to your current financial situation. Talk to one of our experienced financial advisors about your superannuation options.
Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF)
If you prefer to take complete control of your superannuation and retirement savings, you might like to consider a self-managed superannuation fund.
You will have greater flexibility with how you invest your money, rather than leaving the investment decisions to a fund manager, however, there are a number of important factors to consider before you make this decision.
- Full control of your investments and much wider investment choice
- Estate planning to help you reduce tax and control payments
- Protection of your assets against litigation and bankruptcy
- Reduction in overall cost of running the fund as assets grow
- Insufficient knowledge of super and legislation
- Lack of time to adequately administer the fund
- Establishment and administration costs, depending on the size of the fund
- Not seeking professional advice to understand your best options
We can help you determine whether an SMSF will help you reach your goals and objectives, and benefit your overall financial situation.
Contact our friendly, knowledgeable team to get all the information you need to make the best choice for your super.